Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: Davis, California
- Manage a focused team of Project Engineers and Designers to produce construction drawings for a variety of solar electric projects.
- Lead the detailed design for commercial, industrial, and utility scale solar electric systems, including but not limited to managing the electrical, structural and mechanical scopes of work for rooftop, carport or ground based systems. This shall include negotiating and hiring of subcontractor/consultant services as need to achieve project requirements.
- Lead customer relationships by providing excellent service and technically sound engineering support. Manage the contractual terms of our customer engagements including project schedules, budgets, and internal staffing.
- Manage all financial responsibilities of assigned projects. This includes project budgets, invoicing, change orders, collections, and report weekly to ensure company financial goals and customer expectations are achieved.
- Plan and implement project kickoff meetings and project completion meetings. Help to close the loop with Business Development and Operations teams by providing continual feedback and support.
- Continually share knowledge with coworkers and managers to ensure project successes and failures are learned by all within the organization.
- Successfully navigate complex permitting and interconnection requirements with local authorities, utility companies, and system operators for the success of the project.
- Represent Blue Oak Energy as an experienced and knowledgeable team member.
- Contribute to an amicable working environment with other associates and employees.
- BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil Engineering, or similar field
- 2-4 years of PV systems work experience required, we will not consider candidates without this industry experience. Must be able to show experience leading the detailed engineering or major portions of engineering effort on multiple projects.
- Project Management Professional, Electrical, Mechanical, or Structural Professional Engineering license, or similar professional certification preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code, National Electric Safety Code, the International Building Code and other related codes and standards.
- Knowledge of power distribution and transmission systems design is a plus
- Self-motivated, proactive and committed to excellence
- Proven AutoCAD and other graphical skills
- Hands-on construction experience.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients of all disciplines
- Excellent PC computer skills and familiarity with MS Office and Windows
- Highly organized and skillful at working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Willingness to travel 10%-20%
- A “Can Do” positive attitude, coupled with superior problem-solving skills
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: BrightFutures@blueoakenergy.com
Blue Oak Energy, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cornal Energy, is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.