Title: Interconnection Manager
Reports to: Vice President, Development Engineering
The Interconnection Manager will be responsible for providing utility interconnection support for roof-top and ground-mounted solar PV projects between one and 100 megawatts + in size from origination through to commercial operation.
Candidates must demonstrate keen interest and knowledge of the solar industry and a proven ability to efficiently and effectively multi-task in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Interconnection Management
- Draft and control internal CE standards for interconnection requests/one-lines
- Calculate requirements for PV Generating Facility Data Requests (AC impedance calculations, short circuit contributions, harmonic distortions, etc.)
- QC all interconnection request submissions
- Review all interconnection studies, GIA’s, and GIP’s -- identify risks or design constraints
- Coordinate one-lines with internal and external engineering
- Lead technical negotiations with utilities on interconnection studies and agreements
- Interconnection feedback to strategy and developers
- RFP response support
- Due diligence of acquired projects
- Monitor and participate in utility commission FERC/NERC dockets related to interconnection procedures
- Travel requirement – up to 30%, often on short notice
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their manager.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive and committed to excellence
- Following, participating in any draft or open dockets related to new interconnection procedures; communicating relevant info to developers and engineers
- Strong Communication skills - ability to distill technical information to layperson
- Ability to multitask and prioritize needs with timely responses
- Ability to review project documents for technical requirements
- Able to manage a myriad of competing priorities
- A “Can Do” positive attitude, coupled with superior problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized
- High energy, responds well to pressure, works to deadlines
- Creative and a solid sense of humor
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team
- Engineer with electric utility experience for 2 or more years
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering is preferred. Other engineering degrees and quantitative-focused majors will be considered
- Understanding of all relevant utility interconnection procedures
- Understanding of the relevant electrical codes, building codes, and permitting procedures for large scale solar projects
- Negotiations with utilities (study scope and results as well as interconnection agreement T&C’s)
- Software experience: familiarity with PSSE and project/construction management software
This position will be based in Charlottesville, VA or Davis, CA.
To Apply: please click here.