Title: Procurement Manager
Reports to: QA/QC
Summary: The Procurement Manager will manage the company’s supply of products and services. Responsibilities will include building solid internal and external relationships, securing high value materials and services and assisting with achieving continuous and profitable growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Continuously represents the company as a professional, committed industry leader which balances relationships and commercial foresight with product quality, longevity and value.
- Validates vendors and suppliers while also building solid relationships nd an ongoing technical and commercial dialogue
- Negotiates to secure advantageous pricing and terms for solar products and installation services
- Finalizes purchase details of orders and deliveries including contractual terms and conditions
- Tracks and reports key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Collaborates with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations for the project.
- Informs team leaders on logistics and expects information in return on vendor performance
- Foresees alterations in the comparative negotiating ability of suppliers and clients
- Expects unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Performs risk management for supply contracts and agreements
- Controls spending and builds a culture of long-term cost savings
- Collegial coordination with Operations, Legal, and Finance as needed to manage project deliveries before and during construction
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their manager.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive and committed to excellence
- Strong communication skills and a keen ability to build relationships and partnerships
- Able to manage a myriad of competing priorities.
- A “Can Do” positive attitude, coupled with superior problem-solving skills.
- Extremely organized.
- High energy, responds well to pressure, works to deadlines.
- Creative and a solid sense of humor.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as with a team.
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager or procurement officer for 2 or more years.
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in “reading” the market
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
This position will be based in Davis, CA.
Please forward cover letter and resume to: ProcurementCareer@coronalgroup.com